Thursday, March 27, 2014

Taking a leap

The banner I made for my table at Urban Shopping and Cocktails.

Sometimes you have to take a leap.  I have often said that what I do for a living isn't what defines me.  It is what I choose to do with my spare time from which I get the most fulfillment. I love to make paper crafts and now I am taking a chance to sell some of my crafts at a local shopping event.  It is kind of a big deal for me to put myself and my creations out there. 

A lovely friend of mine runs a monthly shopping event called Urban Shopping and Cocktails.  It was the perfect place to sell some paper crafts and get a little experience.  The other vendors who see there were friendly and kind and the environment is really encouraging and supportive.

I made small 3x5 notebooks, 4x6 notebooks, Post-it note holders and cards to sell.  In retrospect, I should have worked on my display a little more, but it was still such a lot of fun and I made over $100!

I hope to be able to participate in more events like this one in the future.  It is nice to be able to do something that I love and share it with others while also making a little money to continue to fund my love of paper crafts.

Here is some photos from the event:








No comments:

Post a Comment