Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Halloween Countdown Project


Goodness, it has been a while since I have updated my blog.  I wish I could say I was busy doing all sorts of crafty projects, but in all honesty that hasn't been the case.   So, I wanted to make sure to get at least one Halloween project completed and posted.  I made this Halloween Countdown for my favorite little person.  He's turning eight this Halloween and I am lucky to be the auntie who gets to spoil him with fun activities and crafts.  I would like to note that I cleared this project with his mom ahead of time. I didn't want her to be stuck with having to do a bunch of activities and projects that she didn't sign up for.  Luckily she was game and this project was born.
One of the first projects I ever posted on this blog was an advent calendar I made for the same little dude. I feel like my crafting ability has improved a bit since that project. Below is my finished Halloween Countdown.  It consists of 31 envelopes and tags made with October Afternoon's Witch Hazel paper and embellishments, along with some American Crafts number stickers, some painted clothespins I found at Michaels and one embroidery hoop. 

 
 

I glued the clothespins to the embroidery hoop with hot glue, but in retrospect I would use 3D zots.  The hot glue did not adhere to the painted surface of the clothespins as well as I would have hoped. 
Each day has an envelope with a tag inside.  Each tag has an activity, project or treat associated with it.  I made the envelopes using my We R Memory Keepers envelope board.  I used 4'x4" squares of paper and used the guide at 2 1/4" to make the envelopes adhering the side flap to the back of the envelope so the tag could easily slide in.
The tags were made with corresponding paper and buttons were adhered to the top of the tags for easy access. I embellished each envelope with various stickers and numbers, and using a circle punch, punched 31 orange circles to tie all the envelopes together.
The countdown calendar is something that could be used year after year.  I also made a corresponding treat box to hold some of the treats that were listed on the tags.  I covered a box with October Afternoon Witch Hazel paper and added some glittery American Crafts alphabet stickers as well.  If you are interested in what activities were included, please leave a comment and I will be happy to provide a list. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment