Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Disney Magic Scrapbook

So, the holidays are over and I was able to accomplish a lot of the things I set out to do.  Much like any ambitious to-do list, some ideas will just have to wait until next Christmas.  Sometimes it is hard to fit in time for crafting when you work full time.  In 2014 I hope to make crafting an even bigger priority. 
One huge thing I did accomplish however is making an entire scrapbook.  I will be the first to admit that if you ask me if I am a scrapbooker, the answer is no.  I will always answer that I like to make cards and paper crafts, but scrapbooking is too daunting of a task.  A little while ago, a co-worker and friend of mine asked if she could hire me to make a scrapbook of her recent trip to Disneyland with her granddaughter.  At first I was a little wary of agreeing to it.  I was really worried about being in charge of capturing all the memories and I had never even made a scrapbook before.  But she was still willing to let me do it, even after I admitted to my novice scrapbooking ability.  I purchased a scrapbook kit from the CKC Convention in November from Embellish It!  You can find the kit here.  It contained a Basic Grey plain chipboard album and Simple Stories Say Cheese papers and embellishments.  There were instructions on how to make the book, but really I just used the instructions as inspiration.  Once I started, I got really into creating my own pages, in fact none of my pages look like the ones included with the kit.  Only the cover is similar. 
Here are pictures of the scrapbook.  I am really proud of my accomplishment (and not in a humblebrag kind of way).  Once I got over the initial feeling of how overwhelming it would be, it actually came together pretty quickly.  Here it is from cover to cover. 


 


 
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment